Update: Pinky Sade was the randomly selected winner! Congratulations!
I was excited to attend a grand opening of a local The Limited store and get a behind-the-scenes look at what’s new, what’s hot and what will never change.
To be honest, I haven’t been much of a The Limited shopper in the past. I always thought of them as the place to get a great suit (they are), but not a place for everyday clothes (they are this as well). However, when I was invited to the event at our local Crestview Hills Towne Center, I was excited to see how this classic store would add to one of my favorite shopping locales. A big bonus was that the store was featuring 40 percent off EVERYTHING and a portion of the proceeds were donated to The Women’s Fund of Greater Cincinnati.
Once I arrived at the store, I quickly noticed that The Limited was more than just suits. My eyes were drawn to lots of bright colors, stripes and patterns. I especially could see myself buying up these brightly colored skinnies and bangles.
After the ribbon cutting ceremony, we were given a behind-the-scenes tour of the facility and shown what’s to come at The Limited. A few interesting pieces I learned during the tour:
- The new stores are built to be smaller and more intimate. No more megastores. This allows The Limited associates to focus on helping shoppers find the perfect pieces. (Note: I definitely noticed this service when I was trying things on. They were always on hand to offer a new size or complementary piece.)
- The Limited refreshes their merchandising and layout every two weeks. That means you’re likely to find something new each time you stop by.
- Like I thought, suits are a Limited staple. Their suits are built to match pieces year after year. From an investment standpoint, I really like this because if you buy a suit but don’t regularly wear them, you want to be able to add something to it later, if needed, without buying a completely new suit.
Finally, the last thing they shared was the trends their seeing as we think about shopping for fall. I only grabbed a few photos but if you snag these things now, you’ll be ahead of the curve come September:
- Pencil Skirts: Get ready for hip skimming skirts, everywhere!
- Bright Colors: It’s no surprise, but these bright colors will continue into fall.
- Cream & Black: There will be a little relief for our retinas as creams and blacks will become renewed staples. Focus on these colors with small pops of color to transition out of summer.
- What’s the new color? Maroons and burgundies will replace Tangerine Tango.
Now that you’ve seen a bit of the store and heard what you should buy, what do you think about getting a lit help with a The Limited shopping spree? That’s what I thought!
Here’s how you can enter to win a $50 The Limited gift card, good for any Limited store or at TheLimited.com:
- You must: Comment on this post telling me what you’d buy first. (Worth one entry)
- For additional entries (worth one bonus entry each):
You must enter your e-mail address so I can contact you to find out where to ship them. US 18+ only, thanks!
That’s it! The giveaway will be open until Sunday, August 5 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Disclosure: I received a $50 gift card to shop during the grand opening. I received no other compensation for this post and the views expressed in this post are solely mine.