Whenever I’m traveling, there are a few things I like to keep in mind:
- Boots are best worn. Leather boots take up a lot of room in luggage and tend to get smashed. Tough heels and flats that can be, well, flatten are best for packing.
- Layers are crucial. Because cars, planes and airports all vary in temperature, I like to dress in loose layers. This day I went with a camisole with a flowy three-quarter length top and had a coat on hand for really cold places. The coat also doubled as a blanket on the plane.
- Pull your hair back. When you have an entire day of travel ahead of you, but still want to look presentable when you get to your destination, pulling my hair back works the best. When I leave my hair down for travel, it inevitably gets static in it or needs combed or I get sick of pushing it out of my face all day. I also think it’s more sanitary to keep it back because you never know what your head might come in contact with throughout the day.
- Easy accessories give a little something extra. Another tip for looking great at the end of the day is to wear accessories that add something extra but don’t get in the way. Necklaces often set off the metal detector so I prefer other accessories. This day I went with a black and white polka dot bow in my hair.
- Large carry-on bags are great. I always use my computer bag as a carry-on when flying. It holds my computer (keeping it from getting smashed in other luggage, yet makes it easy to get out for security), is perfect for all of my boarding passes, and has plenty of room for wallets, lip balm and any other travel necessities.
Top: Banana Republic
Jeans: Forever 21
Boots: Steve Madden
Luggage: Docker’s, gift from my parents for graduation